PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO SEE A COPY OF OUR LUNCH MENU
Lunch Menu March - July 2021
Throughout the year we celebrate special days and events with exciting theme day menus and treats. (Parents are always informed in advance about any changes to the school menu on these days.)
Our school council works alongside our kitchen lead to ensure our school lunch menu is not only healthy and nutritious but that we are all enjoying our school dinners.
The OBS Wristband System
At Old Basford School we operate a wristband system for school lunches. This means that the main meals on our school menu have all been colour co-ordinated.
- We ask that all parents and carers discuss the daily menu with their child and agree which "colour" main meal they should request at morning registration.
- During the lunch period, your child will be given a Pink, Yellow or Green wristband according to their chosen main meal.
- Wristbands will then be handed to the member of kitchen staff serving lunches in exchange for the appropriate main meal. All puddings will be chosen by the child at the point of lunch time service.
- It is hoped that this system will not only help us reduce our food wastage but also help us to cater for the different dietary needs of our children.
Parents/carers are encouraged to prepare healthy packed lunches.
Further information is available here:
If you are in receipt of certain means tested benefits, your child could receive free school meals, milk, a school cardigan or jumper and discounts on school visits. In addition to this, our school will receive £1300 for each child who registers for Pupil Premium. This money is spent on additional teaching and extra curricular activities.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please see the school office staff for a form or if you have any questions about if you qualify for Pupil Premium.