Previous Nursery Activities
Previous Daily Activities
Phonic based activities:
- Friday 1st May - Fold a piece of paper into 8 spaces. Use bright colours to fill each space with a different writing pattern e.g. spots, zigzags, spirals, lines etc.
- Thursday 30th April - Design your own story character. It could be a goodie or a baddie! Draw a picture of them and ask a grown up to write some words to describe them!
- Wednesday 29th April - Choose your favourite story. Split a piece of paper into 3. Draw a picture of something that happens at the beginning, the middle and the end of the story.
- Tuesday 28th April - Play a game of ‘Musical Corners’. The instructions are in your home learning pack.
- Monday 27th April - Make a thank you card for a local community hero or to the NHS nurses and doctors.
- Friday 24th April - Teach your grown up the Jolly Phonics songs for the letters s,a,t,i,p,n,ck,e and d. (google Jolly Phonics Group 1 and group 2 for help!).
- Thursday 23rd April - Ask your grown up to write your name in yellow felt tip pen five times. Choose your favourite colour and trace over the top.
- Wednesday 22nd April - Be a letter sound spotter! Choose a story for your grown up to read to you. Look out for the letter ‘s’ on each page. How many can you spot?
- Tuesday 21st April - Choose ten items to put on a tray. They should begin with s,a,t,i,p,n, ck,e, or d. Play ‘I spy’ using your collection of items.
- Monday 20th April - Make a shopping list of 5 things beginning with ‘S’. You can draw the pictures and ask a grown up to help write the words.
- Friday 3rd April - Make your own ‘silly soup’ recipe with items beginning with ‘s’
- Thursday 2nd April - Design a menu for a picnic on the moon. What food and drink would you take with you? Draw pictures or have a go at writing some of the items on a list.
- Wednesday 1st April - Play this online game to guess the animal sounds - https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/whats-behind-the-door?phase=1
- Tuesday 31st March - Choose your favourite story, can you act it out using some toys to play the characters?
- Monday 30th March - Make your own ‘silly soup’ recipe with items beginning with ‘t’
- Friday 27th March - Can you think of some words that rhyme with... cat hen pig dog bug?
- Thursday 26th March - What letter does your name begin with? What sound does it make? Can you find some objects around your house that start with the same sound as your name?
Maths based activities:
- Friday 1st May - Draw a bus stop. You need 5 play people/lego people or you can draw your own people. Ask your grown up to tell you different numbers. You count out the right number of people waiting at the bus stop.
- Thursday 30th April - Draw a number story for the song ‘5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed’.
- Wednesday 29th April - Size sort activity. Label 3 pieces of paper ‘small’, ‘medium’ and ’large’. Can you find 5 items in your home or garden in 3 sizes and sort them to the right place? e.g. a small/medium large stone/feather/spoon etc.
- Tuesday 28th April - Record how many star jumps you can do in 30 seconds.
- Monday 27th April - Draw some big stepping stones on paper. Use a blanket for the river. Lay out the stepping stones. Jump on the number your grown up calls out! Don’t fall in the river!
- Friday 24th April - Make a repeating pattern using objects around your house.
- Thursday 23rd April - Choose some of your toys and set up a toy shop. Make some price labels from 1p up 5p. Use 5 pennies and take turns with your grown up to be the shopkeeper and the customer.
- Wednesday 22nd April - Go on a shape hunt around your house. Draw 3 things that are circle shape, 3 things that are square shape and 3 things that are rectangle shape. Can you find anything triangle shape?
- Tuesday 21st April - Make some number labels 0-5. Find items inside to match the correct amount to your number cards. Can you do this with outdoor items too?
- Monday 20th April - Draw a number story for the song ‘5 Currant Buns in a Bakers Shop’.
- Friday 3rd April -
- Thursday 2nd April - Can you use your toys to have a little tea party? You must have 5 toys at your tea party and each guest needs 1 drink and 2 things to eat.
- Wednesday 1st April - Go on a shape hunt around your house. Can you find any items that are circles and squares?
- Tuesday 31st April - Draw around your foot on a piece of paper and then cut it out. Choose five large objects around your home such as a dining room table or sofa, measure how many of your foot each item measures.
- Monday 30th April- Cut up some small squares of paper and write out one numeral on each for the numbers 0-10. Ask your grown up to muddle them up and see if you can put them in the correct order.
- Friday 27th April - Enjoy singing some counting songs with amounts to 5; 5 Speckled Frogs, 5 Currant Buns, 5 Little Monkeys
- Thursday 26th April - Go into your garden and see if you can collect...1 flower, 2 stones, 3 twigs & 4 leaves. How many items have you collected altogether? Create a picture using these items.
Topic based activities:
- Friday 1st May - Search ‘Banana, Banana, Meatball’ on YouTube and join in with the dance. Can you make any dance patterns with actions of your own?
- Thursday 30th April - Make a musical instrument using item from your recycling.
- Wednesday 29th April - Draw around your grown up’s hands and draw a key worker on each finger. Stick them in your window with a ‘Thank you’ poster.
- Tuesday 28th April - Ask your grown up to clap out a simple pattern. Can you listen carefully and repeat it back?
- Monday 27th April - Draw a picture of what you would like to be when you grow up. Send a picture to the Nursery email.
- Friday 24th April - Draw a picture of a special time you have had with your family. It could be something from this week or a while ago! Perhaps it was a special occasion.
- Thursday 23rd April - Go onto the school website under ‘Home learning page- story time’ and choose a story to listen to at bedtime.
- Wednesday 22nd April - Nursery has Talent! If you would like to show us your talent, ask a grown up to video you and send it to our EYFS email address.
- Tuesday 21st April - Draw a picture of a healthy meal including a pudding and a drink.
- Monday 20th April - Join in with this song, story and movement programme all about Space. https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/eyfs-playtime-spaceship/z62sxyc