OLD BASFORD SCHOOL 2019 - 2020 SCHOOL UNIFORM
The school colours are Royal Blue, supported by White and Pale Blue.
- Black or grey pinafore dress or skirt, with plain black or grey tights. (Short skirts accompanied with leggings are not permitted)
- Plain black or grey trousers. (Jogging bottoms or leggings are not permitted)
- A plain blouse, shirt or polo shirt in white or pale blue.
- Plain black or grey shorts of a suitable length.
- School summer dress, blue and white check. (White leggings may be worn to accompany this)
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with the school logo only. (These can be purchased from the school office)
- Well fitted, flat black shoes or plain black unbranded trainers with black laces are to be worn.
- Suitable black boots may be worn in winter. (UGG style boots are not suitable for school)
- During the summer, a suitable black or white canvas shoe or strong strapped sandal may be worn. (No open toed sandals, flip flops, crocs or any other type of current fashionable footwear)
- Heels on footwear are not appropriate for school.
- Plain white t-shirt, black or navy shorts with black plimsolls for indoor P.E.
- Plain white t-shirt, black or navy warm plain tracksuit with black plimsolls or trainers.
- Pupils need to bring a towel, a full bathing costume, or trunks. All schools require written permission before any child can be permitted to wear goggles for swimming lessons. Pool regulations state that no baggy shorts, no jewellery, no bikinis may be worn and long hair must be tied back.
No branded sportswear or football shirts of any kind are allowed for P.E. or games sessions.
ALL ITEMS OF SCHOOL UNIFORM MUST BE CLEARLY LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.
No jewellery is allowed in school except for one pair of small stud earrings and any religious items. Children do need to remove jewellery on P.E. and swimming days. If you wish your child to have pierced ears, we suggest you do this at the beginning of the summer holiday, to ensure that they can be safely removed before P.E. sessions in the autumn term. The school will not accept responsibility for any personal injury sustained by the child, which is directly attributed to the wearing of earrings.
All hair decorations must be kept small and in keeping with the school uniform colours.
We want our children to wear their uniform with pride. The school requests that you send your child each day, neatly, cleanly and sensibly dressed for school.