At Old Basford School, we value the health and well-being of the whole school community. We promote a whole school approach to both physical and emotional health by providing a rich curriculum which equips pupils with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to make informed decisions about their health. A healthy school understands the importance of investing in health to assist in the process of raising levels of pupil achievement and improving standards.
We continue to spot lots of healthy food in our children’s lunchboxes, and healthy lunchbox stickers are still being given out by the lunch time supervisors. Children who have school dinners are making healthy and positive choices in what they choose to eat, which is also excellent to see, and Foundation stage and Key Stage One children continue to be offered free school dinners. Please look out for your child receiving a healthy lunch box sticker!
NO NUT SCHOOL
We would like to remind our parents that we are a NO NUT SCHOOL
due to some of our pupils having severe nut allergies. We politely ask you not to send your child with any chocolate spread sandwiches as we cannot rule out any nut contamination and to please carefully check any chocolate snacks for traces of nuts. Thank you for your support with this.
Please do check our lunchbox policy below or contact your child's class teacher if you have any questions.
Here are some displays around our school which promote healthy eating...
Here is some great advice about how to keep those teeth healthy...
- Brush an infant's teeth by wetting a soft-bristled toothbrush with water.
- If fluoride toothpaste is used, make sure it is a pea-size amount (ages 2–5) on the toothbrush.
- Encourage your child to brush at least twice a day, morning and night, with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Harder bristles may be too abrasive for young children.
- Your child's toothbrush should be replaced every three to four months, or sooner if it is worn out or frayed. It is also a good idea to replace the toothbrush after a cold or flu to avoid reintroducing germs associated with those conditions.
- Don't forget to floss! Plaque can quickly build up in those hard to reach places between your teeth.
Let's make those smiles shine bright Old Basford!