Vacancies at OBS
Vacancies at Old Basford School
The success of Old Basford School depends on the passion and skill of its staff. We are always delighted to hear from teaching and support staff that can make a significant difference to the lives of our children.
Thank you for your interest in wanting to work at Old Basford School.
We currently have the following vacancy
Required from 29th August 2024
Full Time – Permanent
Leadership Scale 10 - 15
Old Basford School is seeking to appoint an inspirational, ambitious and forward-thinking Deputy Headteacher to work alongside the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team to continue to drive school improvement. We are looking for an experienced senior leader who has exceptional relationship skills, is energetic and able to provide passion and enthusiasm for the staff, pupils and parents.
Old Basford School is a two-form entry primary and nursery school in Nottingham City with a fantastic reputation and categorised as ‘good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted in December 2023. We are an aspirational school and pride ourselves on a strong equality, diversity and inclusion focus. We aim for all children to leave our school educated, equipped, enriched and empowered with the skills and knowledge to find success in the next stage of their learning, in all subjects and as citizens of the future.
The successful candidate will need to be a reflective leader with professional integrity and a strong track record in leading others to secure impact. This is a non-class based role, although there will be some teaching commitment, for example Leadership release time.
The main areas of responsibility within the role are:
- Development of Teaching and Learning, especially within KS2
- Leading Behaviour in line with our reflective approach.
- Championing Attendance
The Deputy Headteacher will:
- Be a committed leader with excellent interpersonal skills who can motivate and manage staff at all levels.
- Be an outstanding teacher who is able to set and achieve ambitious goals and continually seek to raise standards for themselves and others. This will include having experience of working in Key Stage 2.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the needs of young people, social, physical and emotional alongside educational needs, and ensure that the school provides a rounded provision to nurture them.
- Be someone who is capable of and confident in making difficult decisions and asking challenging questions in order to seek the best possible outcome for our school as a whole.
- Have a continuing drive to reflect, learn and strive for positive development and consider how we can adapt our practices innovatively
- Be a committed and active member of the staff team and school community
- Ensure the good behaviour of all pupils, leading procedures for the management of pupil conduct & discipline, including communicating with parents
- Promote the vision, aims and values of Old Basford School and to contribute to their development
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with all stakeholders, including parents, governors, local authority and other bodies outside the school
In return we offer:
- A welcoming school and community with a highly motivated, professional staff team who are committed towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent internal and external professional development opportunities
- Creative and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- A committed and passionate Middle and Senior Leadership team
Our latest Ofsted report (December 2023) stated ‘The school is well led. Staff say that they feel valued and cared for and that their workload is carefully considered throughout the year. They are happy and proud to work at the school.’ If this is the type of school you would like to be a part of, you are encouraged to come and visit to meet the Headteacher, staff and pupils.
Wednesday 7th February 10:00am or 2:00pm
Friday 9th February 2:00pm
Monday 19th February 2:30pm (INSET Day so no pupils on site)
Thursday 22nd February 9:30am or 4:00pm
Friday 23rd February 10:45
Closing date – Wednesday 28th February
Interviews dates - Thursday14th & Friday 15th March
As a school, we are required by law to make certain checks on candidates throughout the recruitment process. The documents below outline the checks we are required to make. Failure to declare or submit to any of the checks could jeopardise your application.
How to Apply
To apply for a role please complete the appropriate Application Form which can be downloaded from the links below; please note that CV’s are not accepted alone.
Applications by email are encouraged and should be sent to: email@example.com
Alternatively they can be posted to the following address:
Old Basford School
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we only contact candidates who have been shortlisted, and interviews are usually held within 2 weeks of the closing date.
If you are shortlisted, we will take up references before your interview so please provide accurate phone and email contact details for your referees.
Old Basford School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.